Sunday, January 15, 2006

Alison Watt...



Speaking of my 'inspiration' wall...here is another image from it. It's work by the painter Alison Watt, a Glasgow School of Art graduate (just like me!)...who paints the most beautiful canvases. I especially like this one 'Tournon', and the way she captures the folds and the pattern in the fabric. I went to see Alison's 2000 exhibition Shift at the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art in Edinburgh when I was preparing my portfolio for applying to art school. I was totally captivated by her huge canvases, so enormous yet delicate, and being a textile lover I was even more in awe of her subject matter. I have not been able to find any websites about Alison, although she does have a few books published. I did however find images from Shift through google's image search...Enjoy.

No comments: