Tuesday, May 05, 2009

And some more...



Continuing the work on some new brooches for the forthcoming show...enjoying working with new shapes, forms, idea and silhouettes. More updates on these as the progress very soon! So far, I have pieces inspired by things I have spied/found in Sacramento {CA}, Belfast and Glasgow...so nice to look back and use inspiration from these trips!

The rain is pouring down here today - not so cheery as I stood at the airport train station platform after a goodbye earlier today, I can tell you. I refuse to take my hat off now, even though I am home. It's thoroughly chilly and I think it would be utter folly! {humf.} Plus, it makes me more resigned to the fact I have to head out shortly to the post office and to do some re-stocking of my ravaged fridge... ;)

I bought some new cookery books to inspire me, in that respect... Miss Dahl's Voluptuous Delights and Feed Me Now - both are excellent, and the styling is lovely - I would recommend them to all! So I shall no doubt try out some recipes soon. Mister Bell made a delicious cake at the weekend to take to my parents for Sunday dinner...a gently spiced Dulce de Leche gateaux - a light soft sponge with lovely crumb, sandwiched with some of the caramelly goodness he had prepared and some similarly flavoured cream cheese 'dollop' to serve. And all this made up on the spot in a fit of culinary creativity!! Clever stick this chap or what!? ;)

That's really all for today - and so, I should go and prepare to face the torrent of rain! bleaurgh... 
Happy Tuesday all, hope it's sunnier where you are!
xo




3 comments:

Jane Flanagan said...

It is sunny here but I'm grumpy too!! Your work always cheers me up though. As does the sound of that delicious cake! He's a keeper ;)

amy said...

How funny, I just added Miss Dahls book to my birthday list today, Im glad you like it thats a good sign.

Im sorry we stole your sunshine down here, Im afraid it only stayed a little while so I am sure its on its way back up north.

ana ventura said...

wow! Great work Abigail :-) Can't wait to see more!