Monday, June 22, 2009

Turn...





...been finding lots of little bits of plants on the pavement during my travels. The wind that has been keeping me awake at night has also been helpfully blowing little bits off the trees for me to find - I guess everything in life is a trade-off...

I am thinking a lot about silhouette {so, obviously, profile}...how I could turn a piece of something and document it, through drawing, to create movement in pattern. Almost like a still stop motion animation...or something. ;)


I also had my first froth this week...and managed to capture the beauties in full bloom just before they turned. Peony perfection.

Oh, and making me swoon today - Ceramics and beauty from Caroline Swift {via poppytalk} ...wow, right?

I'm very excited today as my Mister arrives tomorrow...and I just cannot *wait* to see him!! Yay!! 
Thanks so much for all your kind words about Mister Bell's big launch, too. Your feedback and support was really lovely...and we hope you will enjoy watching our forthcoming collaborations as they develop over the summer. We will be sharing some scenes from the workshop as the week goes on too, so stay tuned as we are both working on new pieces...

Back soon, Happy Monday!
xo

3 comments:

Deniz said...

looking forward seeing where your thoughts take you

shari said...

do have a good time with mister bell. i know you will. his new work is quite lovely. i am fond of the bunnies. ;) xox

Trish said...

Looking forward to seeing what you and Mister Bell create this summer :)
What a powerfully talented team!

Caroline Swift's work is absolutely beautiful - the ceramic work blows me away... those porcelain leaves?! Wow.