Thursday, January 12, 2006

'Sweet' Homecoming...


I had news yesterday from The Lighthouse Design Museum, that the Glasgow 1999 Design Medal exhibition was coming down soon (I was short-listed). So...my two favourite pieces of jewellery from my degree show collection will be coming home soon. Its always nice to see them again, and to figure out where to send them next to show them off! I especially like the 'Sweet Horse Chestnut Trellis' neckpiece (above), I really enjoyed making that one, and I love the big antique faceted smokey quartz stones between the beads and the decorative element. I have one of those stones left, and think I will make it into a big ring for myself to wear!!

The Lighthouse has some great exhibitions coming up in their programme soon that I am looking forward to seeing....One on Russian dolls :), and another from Bombay Sapphire about glass design, check them out here www.thelighthouse.co.uk.

No comments: