Monday, July 24, 2006

Fragments of me....

Today is a day for lists, for summing up.....for taking stock of all the things I love, all the things that make me me. Do you ever do this?....I love the contradictions it throws up, but then I suppose we are all contradictions. Go on..make a list!! Who are you??
I love..............quilts - assam tea - paris - sleeping - red leather goods - pressed glass - sky - the cold - blossom - wild angry seas - autumn leaves in piles - wellington boots - flying - old movies - japanese food - water - scotch tape - letters - strong wind that whips the breath out of you - line - clean air - birds - lakeland terriers - mid 20th Century furniture - irish accents - sandwiches - scholl sandals - magazines, in group order - freshly brewing coffee - kitchen departments - harry potter - pattern - pink and white peony roses - midwinter ceramics - 300 gram tracing paper - antique markets - typography - laquer - boxes - music - labels - muji - linen - bare feet - hot baths - kitsch - thread - nectarines - porcelain - cooking and baking - pimms - doing nothing - reading - flickr - books - silhouettes - roberts radios - asian cimena - wooden bobbins - simplicity - laughing - complexity - being alone - people - melon and parma ham - giving presents - throwing dinner parties - eBay - quiet - talking - little dishes for nicknacks - catalogues - opaque black tights - skirts - scarves - matt finishes - ripping things into little bits before I throw them away - lying on the floor on my front reading the paper - heart shaped post-it notes - brown paper - rare steak - being up north - singing - pulling my hair off my face - stretching - travelling - coming home - taking photographs - drawing - good piercing - integrity - honesty - humor - action movies - the idea of going to Japan - wishing - not making mistakes - drumming my nails when I am thinking - pouring rain - the smell after the rain - no longer worrying about something that used to bother you - being finished.
Happy Monday! xox

20 comments:

nicole lecht said...

i think everyone should list their loves every once in a while....it's good to get the good stuff out!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your list. we have much in common, including pulling hair off our faces.

Anonymous said...

Such a great list; it is really telling of who you are. :)

Cheers!

lisa solomon said...

we are SO alike.... can i just copy your list??

so great!
xoxo happy monday!

Anonymous said...

yes, life is too short not to love!!

:)

julie said...

Love your list - i also have a quite a few common ones...blossom, autumn leaves in piles,irish accents, magazines, boxes,...i may as well just copy it!!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant List! I think you have a camera somewhere in my house, every morning I lie on the floor reading the paper listening to Terry W(sad but true) on the pink roberts radio my lovely friends/colleagues got me a few years ago as a goodbye pressie! I'll say it again BRILLIANT LIST! Oh and your right, being up north ~(although not as north as you) is great isn't it?!

shari said...

hi abigail,
i love love love your list too. the sky, the smell of rain, and harry potter. me too and then some! xo!! shari

Anonymous said...

Love this list, Abigail! We have a lot in common.

lisrobbe said...

great list, I see a few in there that I relate too.

marsha said...

excellent post - i love your list! thanks for the inspiration!

KELLY said...

your list makes me SMILE....when I'm back from hols I'm going to make one of my own! lucky for me I have an Irish hubby so get to hear his lovely accent every day....count me in on the roberts radio, peonies, birds & brown paper too. I find your blog V inspiring & I always look forward to your reading your latest. x

Amy said...

what a fun list!

Kerstin Svendsen said...

i love making lists like this and love reading others'. :-)

paula said...

Wild angry seas, kitchen depatments, antique markets, bare feet, silhouettes, being alone, integrity and honesty, the idea of going to japan (definitely!), the smell after the rain...are just some of the things I picked from your list that I feel identify me with you.
xxx
paula

Abigail A. Percy said...

Hello everyone!! Thanks so much for all your comments..im so glad the list sparked so much interest :)...now I want to hear YOUR lists!!

xox

Anonymous said...

well - I don't want to clog up your blog so here is a short list!
(so possibly not....!)
Bunting, leaf tea, cat sitting for my mum and dad, sibling nights out, house boats, cherries, Eddie Izzard, Top Gear, discovering a new fabric shop, tiny showcase, waking up and remembering it is the weekend, my sewing machine, my Grandmothers old beads, pressed green glass, foxgloves, bright red geraniums on french windowsills, washing dried on the line, a gin and tonic with plenty of lime wedges, christmas and open fires

Anonymous said...

i'm there with the gin and tonics sarah!

abigail, your lists are always inspirational!

:)

room to make said...

this list is such a lovely thing to do.
like the others, i could too easily sign my name under your list :)

IMEDAGOZE said...

aha! we share a lot of things in common there!