Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Easing back in...


Well, this is me popping my head back in to touch base and say hello! - Things are better this week already, and although it is going fast {is it just me?}...I am feeling like I am getting more done. I don't want to jinx it by saying I am totally out of the slump {but I am feeling like it is almost gone...shhh}....

I did some nice things last week in my free time, like watch a few DVD's of films I had never seen but aways wanted to... Before Sunrise and Before Sunset and I really liked them both, especially Before Sunset..but then I have Paris on my mind. Also, A Very Long Engagement which I just *love, love, loved*!!....I cannot wait to watch to watch it again.

Some Links...

:: Last week I bought this print - Mattress, Lighter, Cigarettes & Botteccelli Print by Gina Clyne whose work I love. The print just really speaks to me for some reason, reminds me of the big Warhol retrospective I saw years back at the Tate. Can't wait till it arrives!!

:: Having been eagerly waiting for it - I am excited to hear Devon Sproule is just about to release her new album 'Keep your Silver Shined'....she is touring to Glasgow too, so will look forward to seeing her live again. She is amazing!

:: I am *loving* Monica Canilao right now.

:: These shoes from TerraPlana are making my heart go flip flop.

:: I love tea-towels {as many of you know} and this one by Lucienne Day is pretty special.

Some work-related announcements ...

:: I have just sent some work out to MirrorMirror which should hopefully be on their site within the next few weeks...

:: I will soon be a guest designer on Karmen Accessories, a company producing beautiful hand-made leather bags. Karmen will carry a few of my designs, along with other designers goods...more details to be announced soon on her blog....

:: I now have some more work back with Diana Porter in Bristol...

:: In the New Ashgate Gallery in Surrey....there is a great group of jewellery on show this Spring {including mine}, so pop by if you get the chance!

Phew! Time for a cup of tea...more soon, xox

8 comments:

marsha said...

nice that you are back after a good rest!

i think that tea towel is sooo adorable!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it a wonder what a little break can do?

I loved 'A Very Long Engagement.' It's one of my absolute favorite movies. I've never seen the 'Before...' movies but I might just check them out.

Anonymous said...

Just waiting for the sample to arrive in the US and then I'll photograph it and get it on the site ASAP. Can't wait!

Will let you know when it's up there.

lisa solomon said...

hello busy bee!

i love your photo.... how great that your work is getting out there... so so good.... and i'm NOT going to look at those shoes. am NOT....

ellyy said...

wow, congratulations on your purchase! i love the colour of the paper and print together. :}

glad to have you back and refreshed!

Anonymous said...

before sunrise is one of my favorite movies. i feel as thought it gets all off my thoughts and says them perfectly. im glad you enjoyed it

Anonymous said...

Hellooo. That flower is so lovely with the sun shining through it. Glad you're having a good week! xxx

Anonymous said...

I love Before Sunrise/Sunset, although I prefer Before Sunset. I saw B'Sunrise when it first came out and always wondered what happened between them. I had an evening recently where I watched both of them back to back with a big tub of popcorn all by myself. It was wonderful.