Thursday, August 16, 2007

Chance au delà de la mesure | Luck beyond measure...


Really, this week I have had so many amazing, and unexpected things arrive in the post I feel like the luckiest person in the world...when you are stressed, and pushed - there is something about snail-mail [and beauty, of course] that makes you slow down, stop and take a moment to appreciate the good things. Above are the *good* things I have received this week....from the top....
  • A stunning print from the lovely Ana Ventura...as part of our forthcoming collaboration, we swapped some goodies :) It is so lovely....
  • An early, and unexpected [I had totally forgotten!] birthday present from dear Shari who chose this one off piece for me, called 'Just a Bit', from Maria ...it is so lovely...letter pressed butterflies in a shimmery deep copper on a beautifully aged page with pale duck egg blue/green as a backdrop and lovely little speckled eggs printed on.....delicious. Thank you so much dear friend!
  • In the same parcel, a set of lovely Aurum Stria cards from Maria , which I am just loving too.....thank you!
  • And finally....Collection 3, from Camilla - which I knew I had to have the moment I saw it a few months ago! I think I threw a spanner in the works as it had been made for Camilla's big solo show...but she was a total sweetheart and sold it to me and made some more ;)). It arrived this morning, and I am smitten.....sigh :) Camilla makes the best parcels...and inside were all the goodies you see above! I keep having to leave the workshop and go through to the other room to take another peek at it all.....thank you so much sweetie....I am just delighted!!

I seem to be running out of words to describe how happy I am with all these lovely things that have somehow made their way to me.....Luck beyond measure sums it up. Big hugs to all of you!!!

I updated my link list with some new sections....it still needs more work, but there is only so much html one can manage at 2am ;)

I sent a collection away yesterday to the RBSA in Birmingham for the exhibition 'Victoriana'....it opens just after I am home in two weeks.

From today, I have put notices up in my shop to say any purchases made will be posted out upon my return from Vacation.

I will be back here tomorrow to check in for the last time before shooting off.....till then, hope you are all having a lovely Thursday!! xox

ps - you ask for the French title, you get it :D xx

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

and what happened to the french version of your title?! i have been refreshing my old gcse through your blog! (guess i'll have to go and look it up now!)
seriously though, have a great time.
bon vacances! xx

Anonymous said...

Lucky girl, indeed!! What is it about getting things in the post that remains so appealing to us all?

Have a wonderful vacation!

R.G. said...

ohmygoodness, those are lovely packages! have a wonderful vacation abigail!!

xo, renee

shari said...

wonderful packages! such beauty. hope you have a fabulous time in france my friend. xoxo

lauracrow said...

what lovely things...and what a lucky girl you are:)

jimena said...

lucky you! very nice packages!!! and as always very nice blog!

lisa solomon said...

so deserving!
i was going to send you something, but will wait till you get back from your trip!
XO

Anonymous said...

Loving all your goodies especially of Camilla and Ana Ventura's work, oh Swoon!! Have a wonderful holiday.

LittleDoodles said...

Ooh, you lucky thing, everything looks beautiful! Have a fab holiday :)

Anonymous said...

lady love,
when is your damn birthday?!?!
you know i am crap at these things, so you should have sent me a "don't forget my birthday is on August __, 2007" card. damn damn damn. maybe we should blame in Isla... you know - cause she forget to remind me.

Bon Anniversaire!

xxxxx

jenna said...

wow - every piece is beautiful!