Friday, February 20, 2009

Workshopping up a storm...

Busy days in the workshop this week! I had been working on a commission...the locket I mentioned in the last post and just finished it this morning...it was a LOT of fun, and a real challenge too, making wise...hello hinges!!

I also had some lovely company in the studio all this past week {which is always nice for someone so used to working alone! Bouncing ideas off each other and teaching some tricks of the trade is a rather nice way to pass some time I must say...} Mister Bell {of DesireLines} was a total natural when he turned his hand to piercing, and has been making THE most charming silver characters of his own illustrations that have kept me smiling all week long...I want one of his whales something bad {and I rarely wear jewellery!}...*swoon*

So, some shots above from our antics in the workshop this week - the locket in progress and the cheeky wee darlings conjured by my studio mate!

This is the finished locket...hung on a long 120cm chain {can be doubled up}, dotted with sweet chestnut leaves {roll printed with linen and paper for a deep matt texture} and large freshwater pearls - and a pressed dome locket {akin to an old pocket watch in weight} with Eucalyptus leaf onlay. Can be worn doubled up on this chain, or full length or indeed worn on something simpler altogether as it can come on and off the chain for versatility! I'm rather pleased with it, I must say... ;)

Playlist in the studio this week has gone something like this {on repeat!} >


For the weekend...I have some more studio time scheduled along with some relaxing too, I hope. 
So, Bon weekend to all!! Hope you enjoyed this wee glimpse!
xo

12 comments:

Luminata said...

Hey, nice craft work man! :)

http://luminata55.blogspot.com

Jane Flanagan said...

Oh wow such gorgeous work! I adore the locket and the whale necklace is so cheerful I love and want one too!!

What's this about you rarely wearing jewelry?!

Anonymous said...

ohhh i LOVE this entry! beautiful stuff!! xx

Everything Stops for Tea said...

Fabulous! ALL of them especially the locket!

Deniz said...

great pieces! the locket is amazing

Alexandra said...

Gorgeous locket and love the whale too :)

Anonymous said...

let me know if he ever decides to sell those whales! I'd love one to wear from a ribbon or cord this summer.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god that whale is AMAZINGLY cool...I want !! :-)

Fine Little Day said...

Nice work indeed, both of you!

Anna Marie Seymour said...

I love this locket!!

Ilena said...

The locket is amazingly beautiful, you are very talented.

glam.spoon said...

so glad to have found you! your jewelry is stunning.