Thursday, February 01, 2007

Hollyhock necklace...

Yesterday was so dark here, I couldn't get a good photo {you would think I might learn from these dark days huh?}....but here it is anyway - the Hollyhock Necklace based on the pattern I posted before....photographed against my bowl from Karin which I just love, and is one of the only white things I actually own....:)

Oxidised silver hand pierced motifs, with large freshwater pearls strung on silk {and knotted between each pearl for security}..this is a really long necklace. It can be doubled around twice, or worn long, with the motifs parallel to each other on each 'lapel'.....

You can see more about his piece, and all the other newly listed items in my shop ...

Time for some favourite images of the week.....there are some stunning ones, many making me wish Winter would hurry up and arrive here ;)

winter day by Maditi
with baited breath by Claire Kramer
on first January, the first smile from buddah by *brilho-de-conta
in the morning by dressform
trippen by ta
at the lake by Maditi {queen of capturing the seasons}
pink and white by Shari

..I hope you enjoy browsing through these as much as I have...:)

Have a lovely thursday! xox

10 comments:

shari said...

hi abigail,
your beautiful necklace and karin's beautiful bowl go so well together! :) thanks for featuring pink and white! i was just SO thrilled to wake up to snow. sadly, most of it has melted. we are getting a bit of freezing rain now. sending love, shari

Anonymous said...

;)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love hollyhocks! The freesia is great too!

KELLY said...

how i love hollyhocks...reminds me so of norfolk villages. the necklace is truly beautiful + it's so lovely to read of the delicate details you put into your special creations.

i just clicked on the link to shari's photo...oooooo...i love it so! off now to browse the others. thanks for the nudge :)

happy friday. hope you have sunshine in scotland too! x

Anonymous said...

It's a really nice necklace. I love freshwaterpearls, and it looks so pretty with the grapic-like pendants. It makes it looks so luxurious.

Anonymous said...

Lovely bowl! And even lovelier necklace!

lisa solomon said...

oh my god... the contast of the oxidized w/ the pearls... that is so so lovely!!

[so glad you like in the morning... xo]

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the links - looking forward to investigating them. I think your necklace looks just lovely against Karin's bowl. I keep meaning to get something of hers as I am such an admirer. I'm just waiting for that perfect item...

The Happy Campers said...

just to say I really I like your blog and have put it on my links if thats ok. oh and i've fallen in love with your ginkho and pear necklace... kxx

Anonymous said...

oooo your work is sooooooooo great,so tiny sensitiv,so delicate,,:)