Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Creeping...


...Well, it's been a quiet day here - working away at the bench, giving the new pieces I promised to share that lick of gold I had planned. The blue toned light is good just now for shooting the gold against the wood, but I left it a little late in the day I think...so will go for more tomorrow. Still, one of each to share today....taken from these leaves - not quite sure what to call these new ones yet....!? 

Indeed, I'm not really sure what kind of leaves they are...any ideas?

Darkness is creeping in now, so will hunker down for the evening soon. Always funny how routine changes a little bit at this time of year - I like how the night seems longer....cosy feeling even when the chill sets in. Blankets and layers are the order of the day....lamp-light glowing early in the dimmed streets always seems warm and familiar {I have a great street to people watch on too}...there is always something to see. Shari's autumn day routine sounds like the stuff dreams are made of, don't you think? :)

Loving :: Studio Violet's new blog
Admiring :: Atsuko et Akiko via Mhari

more soon,
xo

7 comments:

Deniz said...

your new pieces are amazing! really really beautiful! thanks for the links really enjoyed reading Shari's post and loved the to site too- have a nice day

shari said...

:) these new pieces are so special! you seem to have such a connection to leaves. have you ever thought of growing your own trees inside in pots? hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hi Abigail,
I really enjoy looking at the beautiful "organic" jewelry you create...You're like Mother Nature with Midas' touch! :-)
Your description of the cosyness of this time of year is very poetic. I couldn't have expressed in words, but you did it perfectly...

Unknown said...

i always love your blog - both the pictures and the writing. and of course i love your work. thanks for the direction to shari's blog...

nuria said...

Great pieces. I love your work! This week your earrings are "the week jewel" in my blog (in spanish "la joya de la semana"). I invite you to see it!

kuartzo said...

Beautiful, beautiful work! I simply love your jewelery inspired by nature... couldn't resist to put a link on my blog to this post.

Rita Leal said...

Your work is just perfect! I love every single piece...