Thursday, August 13, 2009

Craft Fest and Castle Ward...


We had a great time over the weekend attending and exhibiting at Craft Fest in the grounds of Castle Ward...

...the weather was fantastic overall, and although quite quiet, we had a very nice time all in. Mister Bells Mum bought us both a tour around Castle Ward which was amazing... it's a stunning National Trust property and we were in awe of the fabrics, wallpapers and amazing ornate plaster vaulted ceilings. Sadly, no photography was allowed, so I just have to make do with the memories...

The gardens at the Castle were also out of this world. I have some lovely shots of those to share tomorrow, but just stopping in quickly today to share some pics from our stand. Hopefully the next time we do a fair we will have glass cabinets, but we were pleased with our display nonetheless!

Very busy today in the studio today with pattern designing... very close to getting our fabrics away to print! Yay!

More VERY soon,
xo

10 comments:

Kira said...

I love the frame displays. Makes em look like fine art, and nice frames at that.

Kirsty said...

Your stand looks great - exactly the kind of thing that would entice me over to look!

Anonymous said...

I sersiously can't wait to see your fabrics........looking at that pencil?pen? drawing you posted there a few weeks ago was amazing. Really exquisite! Will you be selling the fabric online???
I can't imagine all the hard work that you and mister bell have been putting in, hopefully your still not on the rice crispy diet!! :)
your stall looked lovely too....xo lisa

Caitlin said...

Such a lovely set-up. It's arranged so prettily, I'm sure many people couldn't help but be drawn to it!

Andrea said...

Looks amazing as a photo I imagine the real thing was fabulous. Why are you hoping for glass cabinets? More display space or...? I think this looks perfect for the work you do...Organic. Cabinets sometimes, at some shows I've seen, give a standoffish air...Though I'm sure they look professional and are a safer way to display your work.
I can't wait to see your fabrics!
Best,
Andrea

Lora Hart said...

Your booth looks lovely. And I notice in the reflection of the mirror, someone working at a bench? You brought a whole workbench with you? Heavens!

Hope you did well.

Vivienne Percy said...

Well Miss Percy, not much wrong with this as a display. Exactly what I would head straight for.... no need for a cabinet to create a barrier - this looks rich and stylish - a bit like yourself, well maybe not that rich, but very stylish!! And with the oh, so chic and ever so handsome Mr Bell alongside - what a winning combo!! How could the public resist?? Missing you both - enjoy the rest of your time in Beautiful Belfast. Mum xxxx

Laura Johnson said...

Gorgeous display of your work! Love Castle Ward, I remember dressing up there and trying stilts as a kid!

Dror said...

You are very talent, and the item arrangement are beautiful.

Alexandra Zeigler said...

beautiful display. I love the doilies.